E-RYT 500, RTT, AYS, CHTP, YACEP, C-IAYT & Reiki Master, Certified ParaYoga® Level III Teacher & Four Desires Trainer
Based on the northern style of traditional Thai Massage (Nuad Boran), Thai Yoga Bodywork is a sacred and ancient healing treatment that integrates Yoga, Ayurveda,and Buddhist spiritual practice. Unique from other types of bodywork and massage, Thai Yoga Bodywork is also a form of Yoga Therapy that combines rhythmic massage, assisted Yoga poses, acupressure along energy meridians, healing energy work, and meditation. Students will pair up with a partner to give and receive (yay!) as you learn the techniques. This workshop is also highly recommended for those planning on registering for Tanya’s 300hr. Thai Yoga Bodywork Practitioner Certification Program.
Health in eastern philosophies is regarded as a state of balance between these energies, where all the systems of the body, including mind and spirit, function in harmony with each other. Disease is seen as imbalance or disharmony in this flow of energies. Thai Yoga Bodywork aims at stimulating the flow of healing energies within the body, opening the areas which are blocked and bringing the body, mind and spirit back into balance and harmony.
Participants will explore:
•Thai Yoga Bodywork history, benefits, and contraindications
• Therapeutic techniques from the supine, prone, side-lying and seated positions to help with flexibility, movement restrictions, aches/pains and overall well being
• Basic relaxation techniques to perform at the end of a sequence
• How to establish energetic boundaries as a healer
• Tools to help understand and sense the energy body (pranamaya kosha)
Benefits for the Receiver
• releases stress and tension
• increases flexibility, suppleness & vital energy
• deeply relaxing
• relieves pain and soreness
• brings the systems of the body into balance
• increases blood and lymph flow
• releases emotional blocks
• supports one's yoga practice
• excellent therapy for common injuries and ailments
• deepens the connection between mind, body and spirit
Benefits for the Practitioner
• enhances meditation and concentration
• awakens compassion and loving kindness
• deepens the connection of mind, body and spirit
Whether you are an experienced massage therapist, yoga teacher/student or
someone who desires to help your friends and family ease their aches and pains,
come see how Thai Yoga Bodywork is a fun, fulfilling method of healing that anyone
All levels welcome. No experience necessary.
Cost includes a manual with photos and description of all the techniques you will learn.
Certificate of completion given at end of workshop for all attendants.
Please bring a yoga mat (or two!), a pillow, and blanket. We do have mats and blankets in the studio but it never hurts to have extra's.
*Space is limited so you might want to register in advance to save your spot.