Cultivating the Heart of a Warrior
Teacher Training and Mentoring Course with Misty Frontella
January - September 2020
In this 200 hour Hatha based training you will experience and touch on:
- Hatha Yoga foundation
- Hatha Tantra Yogic principles
- Nada Yoga - yoga of sound/vibration
- Bhakti Yoga - yoga of devotion
- 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Yogic texts including Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita
- How to confidently and safely teach an impactful yoga class that includes asana, pranayama, kriya, mantra and meditation
- Logistics of teaching a class including time management, group dynamics, lesson planning, sequencing, using props, assists and more
- How to safely adapt your teaching to different students needs
- Anatomy & physiology - bones, muscles, joints, systems of the body, fascia, reading the body
- Chakras and other structures of the subtle anatomy
- How to practice etiquette
- Ethics for yoga teachers
- The business of teaching yoga
Awaken and deepen your personal yoga practice ( whether you teach or not ) while gaining a solid foundation in a 5000 year old yoga tradition.
Learn how to live a yogic lifestyle, including diet and daily practice.
Practice Karma Yoga - selfless service.
Connect with a lineage of peace and healing, passed down by masters.
Meet like minded people that are looking to deepen their life experience.
For 9 months you will have the opportunity to weave your journey into daily life thus solidifying your transformation.
Expand your horizons - in addition to the training content, you will be exposed to an array of experienced teachers from different yoga traditions, performers, energy healers and spiritual teachers.
This is a 9 month course meeting from January 2020 thru September 2020.
We will meet one weekend (third weekend of each month) each month for 9 consecutive months.
Schedule for our monthly weekend trainings:
Saturday - 6:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday - 6:00 am - 4:30ish pm
Expect a short break in the morning and a generous lunch break mid-day. You are responsible for your meals, transportation and lodging on these weekends.
Is this training right for YOU?
- Are you seeking a unique and inspired approach to yoga.
- Do you want to teach yoga, and are inspired to explore new areas of yoga that make your teaching unique and effective.
- Are you not necessarily interested in teaching yoga, but have a deep desire for transformation and are looking for a shift in your life.
- Do you want to understand the deeper teachings of yoga, it’s life-style, spirituality and traditions?
- Are you self-motivated and open to new perspectives?
- Do you have a longing for fulfilling knowledge and enjoy the experience of group and individual study?
Benefits of graduating:
This unique training is a blend of Sivananda Yoga, Mistyoga and Para Yoga. The exposure and connection to these combined teachings and shared lineages will prepare you to step into different traditions of yoga with a sense of confidence, curiosity and purpose.
You will also receive the following offerings from Mistyoga:
- Teaching opportunities at and through Mistyoga.
- Discounts on trainings, workshops, retreats and classes.
If after your training you decide to become a member of Yoga Alliance you will meet their national training standards for yoga teachers and join an accredited list of Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT). You will also gain access to a plethora of offerings and educational opportunities through Yoga Alliance.
Are you ready to take the plunge?
Your Personal Investment:
Beyond the monthly trainings you will be required to participate in 3 hours of Karma Yoga (selfless service) each month for the duration of the training, a total of 27 hours over 9 months. With whom and where you offer your services is your choice but will need to be approved by your lead trainer.
You will be required to complete homework assignments, independent reading material, any class projects, attendance in a weekly asana class, and maintain a reasonable daily meditation practice. Participating and engaging both independently and in group discussions/practice will only enhance your experience and transformation. Once you are accepted into the program, you will receive a list of reading materials that you will need to purchase before the training begins.
Training manuals and supplemental materials are included with your tuition. In addition, there are several required books for the course. These books have been carefully selected and will be handy to have in your yoga library. The total cost of all your additional books is in the $100 range but may be lower depending on if you choose new, used or digital books. We encourage purchasing an actual paper book as this can be helpful to have as an aid when you are planning and teaching your classes and/or just want to look back on what you highlighted.
- $2600 if you register before December 1st 2019.
- $2500 if you pay full tuition when you register.
A $300 deposit is required when you register in order to guarantee your place. The balance is due at least 14 days before your training unless you are on a payment plan. We will send you an email reminder a week before we process the balance. This deposit is non-refundable.
Payment options are available upon request if you require assistance and would like to pay monthly or bi-monthly. A down payment of $300 is required and a credit card on file to process your future payments. No early-bird savings are available for this option. This deposit is non-refundable.
Accepted applicants who need to withdraw at least 2 weeks prior to start of training will receive a full refund of tuition payment (minus their $300 deposit). After that point, there is no refund.
If you are joining us from out of town and interested in hotel options we have partnered with the Western Star Motel in Rifle and they have offered discounted rates. This is based on availability and we recommend you book your room well in advance.
For any questions email Misty at email@example.com, please include a phone number so that I can call you. You can also call me directly at 970-948-5362.
Misty, is a free spirited artist and Colorado native with 16 years of personal yoga experience. She offers a depth of knowledge in the yogic tradition with 200 hour RYS in Sivananda Yoga, 300 hour RYS in Para Yoga and 500 hour RYS through Yoga Alliance. Misty lives in Rifle Colorado where she has worked since 2009 to build a strong yoga community known as Mistyoga. In love with yoga for over a decade she offers a unique and personal approach to sharing yoga that will guide you to a deeper understanding of yourself, empower you to live your dreams and help you to connect to a real sense of peace and joy.