· Acidic, and upsets the pH balance of the body.
· Contains caffeine, which acts as “fake energy” producing a short-lived high at the expense of taxing the adrenals and elevating levels of cortisol in the body. You can feel the effects of caffeine in your system within a few minutes of ingesting it, and it stays on your system for many hours—it has a half-life of four to six hours in your body. While in your body, caffeine affects the following hormones:
- Adenosine- Can inhibit absorption of adenosine, which calms the body, which can make you feel alert in the short run, but can cause sleep problems later.
- Adrenaline- Caffeine injects adrenaline into your system, giving you a temporary boost, but possibly making you fatigued and depressed later. If you take more caffeine to counteract these effects, you end up spending the day in an agitated state, and might find yourself jumpy and edgy by night.
- Cortisol- Can increase the body’s levels of cortisol, the “stress hormone”, which can lead to other health consequences ranging from weight gain and moodiness to heart disease and diabetes.
- Dopamine- Caffeine increases dopamine levels in your system, acting in a way similar to amphetamines, which can make you feel good after taking it, but after it wears off you can feel ‘low’. It can also lead to a physical dependence because of dopamine manipulation.
Some may be thinking that coffee is ok when only having 1 cup daily. After all, what can one cup do? You’re getting great nutrition and cleansing effects from the Isagenix products though what you don’t know is that your ability to go into detoxifying and fat burning mode is being inhibited. One cup of coffee will cause problems!
Over the past 7 years, caffeine use has been monitored and the trend shows that caffeine does and will slow or even stop the release of weight in most people. We are all unique and a few will lose weight as the exception, but the majority will not. Even one cup daily will dump 150 milligrams in your body.
If you want to lose weight safely and keep it off, follow the recommendations, break the coffee habbit.